Okay, now that version 1 of "FieldSurvey" is out in the App Store, what's next?
I think users of "FieldSurvey" can reasonably expect the items below to be included - constrained only by the time it takes me to get them done:
- iOS6 & iPhone 5 support, of course.
- Additional fields for Survey.
- Provide additional export options, particularly for eBirds.
- Add the ability to increment an observation count by more than 1 at a time (thanks, Anne!).
- Pre-loaded lists, such as for birds. But I also plan to have some surprises here.
- iCloud support. Data and preferences will synch over your devices.
- Localization (including Portuguese sooner rather than later, because I very would like the Brazilians to use this app).
- Print capability.
Now, as hinted above, I'm open to suggestions. So, please, have at it! I want this to be a tool that people use and enjoy.
Also, at this time, the only functionality that may become an In-App Purchase (IAP) would be the pre-loaded lists. If so, IAPs will be priced very reasonably. I think this is fair, particularly when you compare the pricing of "FieldSurvey" to other similar apps. Also, I like it because only those who need a particular list have to pay for it. Nice!
Finally, to be blunt and direct, as I add functionality I may decide to increase the app's price. I think this is fair for a lot of reasons. As more and more is provided, the app should be worth more. Plus, I like the idea of rewarding early adopters.